CHECKLIST

Mike Quinn Mike.Quinn at tpwd.state.tx.us
Wed Nov 14 11:55:29 EST 2001

It's not exactly Hodges, but...

Nomina Insecta Nearctica is a complete synonymical checklist of the
approximately 90,000 species of insects of North America north of Mexico
published by Entomological Information Services in 1996 and 1997 in four
volumes and a CD-ROM. An abbreviated version of this checklist is now
available on Nearctica. The list contains all of the species of insects of
North America with the synonyms removed.

The checklist is arranged alphabetically. Families are arranged
alphabetically within orders, genera alphabetically within families, and
species within family. A typical species entry is

Euphilotes battoides Behr 1867 (Lycaena)

The name is the current generic name, the species name, the author or
authors of the name, the date of publication, and finally (in parenthesis)
the generic name under which the species was originally described. The
specific name follows the original spelling of the species group name and
has not been emended to follow the number and gender of the current generic
name.

http://nearctica.com/nomina/main.htm

No. Am. Leps by family
http://nearctica.com/nomina/lepid/leps.htm