Attempted Virus through Downloads

Leptraps at aol.com Leptraps at aol.com
Thu Nov 29 13:49:10 EST 2001

I received to e-mails from: Guy_VdP at t-online.de with identifying names of (Guy Van de Poel & A. Kalus). Each e-mail referenced a post that I had made to Leps-L in September and October: 1.) RE: Cold Weather Form of Colias erytheme; 2.) RE:Hornets in my bait traps.

The first contained a download: ME_NUDE.MP3.scr, the second: Humor.MP3.scr. My virus software detected the virus. I made no attemp to open either.

I replied by notifying them that they sent a contaminated file.

Has anyone else received these types of e-mails? Does anyone know who these folks are? This is not the first time I have received files MP3.scr that contained the virus.

Leroy C. Koehn
Georgetown, KY