Attempted Virus through Downloads

Ron Gatrelle gatrelle at tils-ttr.org
Thu Nov 29 14:04:22 EST 2001

Yes,  I too have received the same type of messages (same from - different
titles).  Attachments along with them.  I have been deleting them.  I have
been getting them for two days.   If you right click on the email a menu
will come up - click on properties - click on the top "Details" tab - go to
the bottom of details page and click on Message Source.  This will allow
you to "view" any message BUT DOES NOT open it.   Scrolling down you will
see that the "message" is just symbols and numbers -  that is the virus.  I
say this as some may not have good anti-virus software, or your virus
software may not be up to date on a new one, in which case you would get no
alarm.  The procedure I described will allow you to check without opening
it and thus letting it in.  Try this out on a safe email to see how it view
without opening a file.

Ron