Fwd: postdoctoral position, Maculinea butterflies

Will Cook cwcook at duke.edu
Thu Oct 11 12:42:48 EDT 2001

Post-Doctoral Position: Modelling reintroductions of Maculinea
butterflies

The position is available beginning 1 January 2002, and is funded by the
EEC as part of the research network "MacMan". My team is interested in
developing population biological theory for the reintroduction of
Maculinea butterflies in Europe (an example of a broad overview of these
butterflies can be found at
http://dorset.ceh.ac.uk/our_science/general%20sections/Species%20Interactions/antbutterfly.htm).

The person will develop numerical simulation models based on field and
laboratory data. The objective is to provide quantitative and
qualitative guidelines for the selection of donor and recipient sites,
and the selection of butterflies within donor sites.

The postion will be based at the Université de Montpellier, France. The
person need not speak French at the start of the contract, but should be
willing to learn.

The person will have already established an excellent publication record
in mathematical and computer modelling of population biological
processes, and have a keen interest in conservation biology.

If you should know of any potential candidates, I would be most grateful
if you could put them in contact with me.

Starting salary: 22500 Euros per annum

Length of contract: 3 years

Contract to begin: 1 January 2002 or shortly thereafter. The candidate
must have finished his/her PhD prior to appointment.

Please send full CV and two letters of recommendation to:

Dr. Michael Hochberg
Génétique et Environnement
ISEM - University of Montpellier II
Place Eugène Bataillon, CC 065