Pupa vs. Chrysalis

Stanley A. Gorodenski stanlep at extremezone.com
Sun Oct 21 13:36:55 EDT 2001

To add to the quote I gave below, in that quote he referenced page 75,
Family Nymphalidae.  On page 75, under the Tribe Argynnidi he says 'the
larvae are spiny, and some of the pupae bear gold or silver spots.'  On
page 76, under the Tribe Vanessidi, he says 'The pupae have a pointed
thoracis tubercle and they are marked with metallic gold or silver,
though the adults are not'.