The Royal Society and religion

Patrick Foley patfoley at csus.edu
Tue Oct 23 09:20:44 EDT 2001

Alex,

Heaven forfend!

As a child, I once mentioned that my grandparents came from "Great Britain", C.
S. Lewis' "country". My father, whose home was apparently an IRA hotel ( I think
the FBI are now monitoring this email), thanked God that my grandmother was not
alive to hear me say it.

As, for foolishness ... not even heaven can keep us from that. I think of
religions as beautiful butterflies themselves, fascinating, but unusually
deadly.

Patrick