tyche in North America ?

Kondla, Norbert FOR:EX Norbert.Kondla at gems3.gov.bc.ca
Tue Oct 23 15:46:28 EDT 2001

A few years ago a North American book introduced the name Colias tyche to
North America and included taxa like Colias boothi etc in the concept of
tyche without really explaining why we should accept that interpretation. I
vaguely recall someone on this list (from Europe?) expressing disagreement
with that interpretation.  I am interested in any thoughts and especially
data or publications on the topic of the relationships between tyche,
nastes, boothi, thula etc group of butterflies. Thank you.

Norbert Kondla  P.Biol., RPBio.
Ministry of Sustainable Resource Management
845 Columbia Avenue, Castlegar, British Columbia V1N 1H3
Phone 250-365-8610
Mailto:Norbert.Kondla at gems3.gov.bc.ca
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca