Questions about Arizona Mothing

Ryan Vandermoor mungojeerie at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 2 03:12:11 EDT 2001

Hello all,
I'm currently staying in s.e. Arizona and will be until the 3 of October.
I'm staying in Fairbank which is between whetstone and tombstone.
Unfortunately I have limited vehicle access. We were planning on setting up
a light trap somewhere and have a few questions. Can anyone suggest a decent
place that is within 1.5-2 hours driving distance from when I am? As well is
it really beneficial to run both white and UV light? I do not have much in
the way of night collecting gear but was thinking of renting a generator and
if possible a merc of multi vapor light... not sure where from though. If
worse comes to worse I can use a regular light bulb. I run a light trap in
our yard everynight but don't seem to get too much of interest.
Another thing I was wondering about is if anyone knows how or where I can
get my hands on Black witch larvae. I have seen a few adults but understand
that they are largely immigrants.

Any suggestions of ideas would be of great assistance.

Thanks in advance.

Ryan Vandermoor
mungojeerie at hotmail.com