My Darapsa pholus pupa

GHG3 ghg3 at aol.com
Tue Sep 4 21:07:05 EDT 2001

On July 21 this year, I was sitting on my northern Rhode Island deck puffing on
a cuban that was snuck back from Paris by my loving sister.  For some stupid
reason, I set it down on the railing, and next thing I new it was over the
edge, lost in the vinca.

I went searching, and never found it.  The sun was going down.  But while on my
hands and knees, I had the pleasure of watching a female Darapsa pholus laying
eggs on my Viburnum carlesii.  I snagged a couple leaves that she had daintily
touched her abdomen to, and through the month of August raised two larva on V.
carlesii and V. prunifolium.

Both made it to the last instar, but only one has formed a pupa.  This is my
first attempt.  What do I do now?  Put it in the Fridge?

George
ghg3 at aol.com