E. imperialis problems : viruses ? need help

Ryan Vandermoor mungojeerie at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 15 02:29:38 EDT 2001

I have had larva that look as healthy as ever one day then the next, limp
sacs.... I assume that this is some type of nuclear polyhedrosis virus but
am not sure.... if your not familiar with nuclear polyhedrosis virus ....
its a virus which replicates within the cells of its host causing the cells
to eventually burst. not pretty.... plenty of info on the web about it
though... commonly associated with the forest tent caterpillar, Malacosoma
disstria. But as I understand can effect any larva.
Personally I don't have any ideas other than hope for the best... hopefully
someone else can help.....

best of luck,

Ryan Vandermoor
mungojeerie at hotmail.com