Moffers cf. Birders

Todd Redhead todd.redhead at sympatico.ca
Thu Apr 4 19:17:45 EST 2002

Hey Tony,

Still got snow on the ground here in Toronto.  Haven't seen a moth flying for a good 3
months now.  Unlike bird 'watching' - mothing requires (for the most part) a
collecting system - and that system is mostly composed of lights.  When we are unable
to collect - we fight the cabin fever by studying/mounting stuff caught in the past
season and (surprise, surprise) working on our light systems.  What I have been doing
is repairing my lights, designing a new reflector and a new mounting bracket for my
larger UV light.  If someone has some moth sightings - lets hear them - otherwise
please let the rest of us discuss what we are currently working on (i.e. getting ready
for the next collecting season.)

Note: I disagree with your "location, location, location" statement regarding the 3
most important aspects of mothing.  Location is only one aspect of mothing - without
lights - your best location will get you nothing.

If you want lists of sighted/collected species, have patience - we will have plenty to
list in a few months time.

Todd

P.S.  You might want to ignore my next post as it is a question about lights.