caterpillar identifications

PuerNux at aol.com PuerNux at aol.com
Sat Apr 6 01:09:22 EST 2002

Richard,
I am pretty sure that #12 (your "pinstripedcaterpillar.jpg") is Cucullia asteroides, probably found on asters. Saw one just like it last summer, so I hope others agree with my ID. (see http://www.cedarcreek.umn.edu/insects/album/027075464ap.html for another picture)
The "BlackAndRedCostaRicanCaterpillar.jpg" (third to last) is some sort of Nymphalid, I think, but others would be able to help you more.

-Eric Hossler