Speyeria clemencei comstockii (Comstock)

Mark Deering entomology at butterflyhouse.org
Mon Apr 8 16:47:20 EDT 2002

Hello All
All of these discussions on subspecies leads me to this question. Can anyone
who is very familiar with the Speyeria of the West Coast please tell me a
little bit about this butterfly. I actually have a specimen collected by
Comstock from around 1920, labelled by hand "Speyeria clemencei comstockii
(Comstock).

Any information that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark Deering
Collections Manager and Curator of Butterflies
The Sophia Sachs Butterfly House
15193 Olive Blvd
Chesterfield, MO 63017
(636) 530-0076