mystery sphingid larva, if you can believe that

James Kruse fnjjk1 at uaf.edu
Fri Apr 12 19:03:26 EDT 2002

Has anyone reared the sphingid Proserpinus flavofasciata [Walker] and would
be able to tell me if the full grown larvae is dark greyish green with a
glassy spot instead of a horn? I received a digitized drawing via email and
cannot place this thing. I have seen the larvae for the other sphingid
species that are supposed to be up here, and have reared maybe a third of
the U.S./Canadian species myself, and this apparently isn't one I've seen. I
can forward the digitized drawing if anyone wants to take a look.

Jim

James J. Kruse, Ph.D.
Curator of Entomology
University of Alaska Museum