Speaking without knowing ?

Mike Quinn ento at satx.rr.com
Sun Apr 14 03:15:29 EDT 2002

It's interesting how little is known about Jeffrey Glassberg by some who
publicly criticize him the most... (One hopes that the "Museum of the
Hemispheres" (MOTH) is more carefully constructed that most posts to
Leps-l.) Jeff collected butterflies for about 30 years. He continues to
consult museum specimens as anyone must who writes field guides no matter
what the taxa.

Incidentally, anyone wanting to construct a Glassbergian timeline can add
spring of 2002 as the point when he raised nearly $500,000 for the NABA
Butterfly Park. This milestone should shortly trigger the donation of 100
acres for the park near Mission, TX in the Rio Grande Valley.

NABA Butterfly Park
http://www.naba.org/nababp.html

NABA-South Texas
http://www.naba.org/chapters/nabast/