Roundup is NOT atrazine

Michael Gochfeld gochfeld at eohsi.rutgers.edu
Thu Apr 18 21:44:41 EDT 2002

Roundup is a glyphosphate-based pesticide with various fomulations
produced mainly (or only) by Monsanto.   Atrazine is in a different
chemical "family". In the 1980's it was one of the most widely used
herbicides, although it's use was greatly reduced by new regulatoins in
the early 1990's.

Mike Gochfeld