IDs wanted on Rainforest butterflies

Nigel Venters nigelventers at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 19 14:20:22 EDT 2002

Neil,
It would be helpful if you could say where you were and I could give you
sub-species...photgraphs are not too clear so here goes!
1. Looks like Colias nastes from the Arctic! although unlikely as you say
you were in the ranforest! So I guess you were in grassland in South America
and it is C. lesbia

These that follow are likely to be correct!

2. Marpesia alcibiades (Male)
8. Chlosyne gaudealis?
9. Zerene cesonia
12. Eurytides serville (Male)
14. Eurytides protesilaus (Male)
17. Panacea procilla (male)
18. Siproeta epaphus
20. Eurytides protesilaus (Male)
21.Doxocopa clothilda
22.Heliconius hecalesia

The rest are not good enough for a good id but I could guess!
Nigel

P.S. You were either in a butterfly house or Central and South America for
some of these!