Do Monarchs need Paul Cherubini?

Chuck Vaughn aa6g at aa6g.org
Sun Apr 21 11:41:10 EDT 2002

Bob,

> You like most people sucumb to the pigeonholing of left and right.
> the simple world of yesterday's politics no longer exists. I for many
> years was an ardent conservationist and considered my self a moderate
> Republican and an economic conservative.

This is a good example why I don't write very often. I guess it's
a problem with e-mail. You lept to a grand conclusion about me based
on things I didn't write about and had never crossed my mind. I was
simply commenting on a few things you had written, ask a few questions
and give you an opportunity to explain further. Instead you drew the
conclusion I'm a person who believes everyone is sharply divided on
the left or right. You couldn't be more wrong. I'm a libertarian,
basically a split between the left and right, and IMO the best of
both worlds. :-)

I see this all the time in e-mails. People use inductive thinking to
extrapolate a few writings into conclusions about someone. More often
than not the conclusions tell more about the writer than they do about
the person being written about.

In just two sentences you did gave me quite a bit of insight into how
Paul gets labeled the way he does. The one that sticks in my mind is
"environment hater." Despite his voluminous writings, I can't recall
anything that would make him deserve such a label. I'd like to see if
someone could put together a case by using his quotes from his messages
to support that label in the same way he quotes from the writings of the
scientists he criticizes. You may even be out of context if you like. <VBG>

Chuck Vaughn <aa6g at aa6g.org>