ID help: A light brown Nemoria?

PuerNux at aol.com PuerNux at aol.com
Sun Apr 21 17:26:02 EDT 2002

George,
Be sure to check to see if the moths you are referring to have the small white dots on the dorsal abdomen. I think I have seen several of these small tan moths that do look just like Nemoria, but they do not have the abdominal spots. I have seen the melanic Nemoria this year, and they retained the white spots that marked them as Emeralds instead of other Ennominae. If you find out for sure that these little tan moths are Nemoria (or otherwise), let me know. I will double check my specimens in any case.

Lynn....love your website. I peruse it often for fun and for ID's. I wish I could find the free webspace to do my own site like that for a summer project, but I've got plenty of moths on my plate already. Your photos are awesome.

Regards,
Eric Hossler