Off Topic Sighting...

Lynn Scott lynnscott at heiconsulting.com
Sat Aug 10 14:26:09 EDT 2002

Interesting comment.  A month or more ago, at my UV light, I observed and
photographed what looked like a big mean bee or wasp that I eventually
pinned down as one of a group of flies collectively called Bee Flies or
Hornet Flies.  I wonder if it's possible that your insect was actually from
this group of Diptera, or whether it was unequivocally Hymenoptera?

Lynn Scott