Pyle on Leps-talk

Ron Gatrelle gatrelle at tils-ttr.org
Mon Aug 12 00:40:40 EDT 2002

I haven't had much of a chance to get into Pyle's Cascadia book.  But here
are some initial comments. I like the basic perspective of geo-regional
coverage rather than a "state" book.  This is reflected in his section on
biogeography.  The section on "why names change" is something I hope all
amateurs who buy this will soon read.  Because of the continued
reverberations that my revision of *Chlosyne ismeria* has and is producing
I in particular am noting his d) subsection on: Historic Adjustments.

The nomenclatorial arrangements are interesting as to what he lumps and
what he splits.  Looking at the Swallowtails, ....

This is just to let all know this is a current Leps-talk thread.  The
messages and archives of Leps-talk are not public.  One must be subscribed
to access.
To join the list click and send
TILS-leps-talk-subscribe at yahoogroups.com