Miami Blue update

Anne Kilmer viceroy at GATE.NET
Mon Dec 9 06:56:11 EST 2002

Forgive the cross-posting. Everyone is invited to the Miami Blue viewing
party and celebration.
It will be well-attended by scientists, volunteers, governmental
officials and, we hope, the Miami Blues themselves along with a bunch of
look-alike bugs.
The Miami Blue will be officially listed as endangered by the State of
Florida (today, I think) and Tom Emmel will see to it that everyone
wishing to help with the project will have plenty to do.
For now, we are surveying Florida for sites where the little guys will
be happy. A captive breeding program has already been started, and new
colonies will be established as research continues.
Anne Kilmer

Hey Guys,

I am very excited about next weekend! We should have a great time and
get to
see a bunch of neat bugs! We are going to meet at the south parking lot of
Bahia Honda State Park Saturday Dec. 14 at 10:00 a.m. At this point I
believe that is the
plan, is that O.K. Benji? Mark Walker and I are going to be hitting
breakfast
at the IHOP in Marathon at about 8:00 a.m. If anyone wishes to join us, you
are more than welcome. I look forward to seing you all there!

Jose Muniz is going to be setting up some of my pics on a website to
give you
a preview of what to expect to see. They were all taken last saturday.

there may be some other bugs to see as well.

David Fine