Mid Eastern Butterflies CD in the works!

Neil Jones neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 28 19:39:56 EST 2002

On Saturday 28 December 2002 10:05 pm, Randy Emmitt wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have started working on a CD that will  be a photo guide to the
> butterflies of North Carolina, South Carolina,Virginia and West Virginia it
> should have live photos for around 140+ species and be of higher resolution
> with bigger and better photos than my Butterflies of NC pages. It will also
> have a butterfly screensaver in it as well. I hope to sell it online as
> well as in stores and gift shops.
>
> Anyway I ask for your help on input for the design and layout. I plan on
> making it in HTML format to be read with common web browsers like Internet
> Explorer and Netscape. Given macs won't run typical screensavers I plan on
> having a browser based slideshow as well for macs. Please let me know how
> this page looks
> http://www.rlephoto.com/easternbutterflies/swallowtails/swallowtail_pv01.ht
>ml (note its high resolution and not fast loading as it will be on CD) I
> need to know if it runs ok on pc and mac in both Internet Explorer and
> Netscape. Its designed to see read at 800 x 600 screen resolution.
>
> Thanks for your help and input! Sorry for the cross posting!
>
> Randy Emmitt
> Durham, NC

Hi Randy,

Wonderful photos!! WOW!
I have tried it in two unusual browsers under Linux. This often sorts out
pages.  Under Mozilla (based on Netscape original code) it looks fine.
Under Konqueror the middle image is indented slightly to the left.
It still looks OK though.
I notice you are using Javascript and have hardcoded in browser names.
Just be aware that some people can have Javascript switched off.

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.butterflyguy.com/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn Bog