Disturbing butterflys while racing down texas roads at night with bright lights on ...Was ?

Bob Parcelles,Jr. rjparcelles at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 2 21:25:48 EST 2002

Paul cherubini said:

Yes, I think your walking disturbs the resting Painted
Ladies
because I have have similar experiences with Monarchs.  I
have driven
along tree lined dirt roads in central Texas at night with
my high beams
on in October, and seen monarchs "frightened" out of the
trees by the
hundreds and fly into the headlights of the car.  Then if I
walk into
a group of trees where monarchs are clustering in Texas and
shine my
flashlight on them, many "panic" and hundreds come rushing
toward the
light in my hand. In such a situation I feel as though I'm
under attack,
with hundreds of monarchs covering me!!

Seriously Paul,

I don't think the disturbance of 'roosting hordes has i iota of note
worth data on this question. It is not even anecdotally acceptable.
finally spelled it right.

Bob

=====
Bob Parcelles, Jr
Pinellas Park, FL
RJP Associates, C2M-BWPTi
rjparcelles at yahoo.com
"Change your thoughts and you change your world."
- Norman Vincent Peale