Glassberg's public statement on collecting.

Kondla, Norbert FOR:EX Norbert.Kondla at gems3.gov.bc.ca
Thu Feb 7 10:51:09 EST 2002

One more observation to stir the pot some more on this topic. Has to do with
the issue of scientific evidence. At the risk of being accused of being
anti-science - which I am not - I should point out that there are invariably
a number of views on what constitutes "scientific evidence". So far I have
not seen any such evidence, scientific or otherwise. Also the world and what
people view as evidence is much bigger than science. Many people are quite
comfortable in making decisions without any scientific evidence to 'support'
their decision. Further, science is not limited to numbers and the
biological sciences. Social and behavioral sciences are used frequently by
many people in dealing with topics where many views exist in society --
which just happens to be most if not all topics :-)