one is too much - power

Kondla, Norbert FOR:EX Norbert.Kondla at gems3.gov.bc.ca
Thu Feb 7 11:19:30 EST 2002

Having spent most of the past 35 years working in government I can assure
you that Ron is quite correct in the points that he raises. do not confuse
the opinion of one civil servant with a government decision. Only point I
would differ a bit on is the notion that there is little that can be done
about bureaucratic decisions (statutory decisions). In Canada such decisions
normally have an appeal process enshrined in the enabling legislation -
hopefully such is the case in USA also, if not, lobby your lawmakers to fix
that horrible oversight. If the legislated appeal process still does not
give one satisfaction then one could seek redress through the courts - of
course that costs money :-)