one is too much - power

Stan Gorodenski stanlep at extremezone.com
Thu Feb 7 20:16:10 EST 2002

Ron,
You very nicely and in detail stated what was the jist behind a previous
post of mine, that post being:
"This is a hope or idealism.  In the real world, civil servants in
positions of authority become bureaucrats.  They have virtually
unlimited resources of the 'state' and will use these resources to their
advantage to impose their will upon the common citizen, even when they
are in the wrong or in a questionable position.  A common citizen has to
pay for an attorney, which is usually a limiting factor, but this is,
usually, no limitation to the bureaucrat - just charge it off to the tax
payer.  I know from experience.  What's that expression about power
corrupting?"