Endangered species act

Jere Kahanpaa kahanpaa at astro.helsinki.fi
Fri Feb 8 12:40:45 EST 2002

Hi.

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Mike Soukup wrote:
> With due respect to Jere, and, as a person who has spent much time "on
> the shady side of the law", I would recommend almost nothing he says.
> If you accidentally kill an endangered specie in the USA, keep your
> mouth shut, don't tell anybody, and mis-label your specimen!!!  Our
> USF&W are NOT nice, understanding people.  They are thugs with guns and
> power and they like to use it.

I'm sorry to hear that, and even more saddened by the fact that your
advise is probably more reliable than mine!

BTW in Finland endangered != protected by law. Here 'endangered' is just a
label for species that need special attention for some reason and while
all protected species are endangered, most endangered species are not
protected. I think most lepidopterologists (in all senses of the word)
here agree with me if a claim that the protected special have been
selected in a more-or-less random way.

Jere
--
It's hard to think outside the box when you ARE the box.
                            - unknown, alt.religion.kibology