Vacuumed butterflies

Kondla, Norbert FOR:EX Norbert.Kondla at gems3.gov.bc.ca
Fri Feb 8 16:41:24 EST 2002

While reviewing a report dealing with impacts of a proposed natural gas
pipeline construction project on rare butterflies; I saw that the author
recommended vauuming plant litter to rescue eggs/larvae/pupae and then
scattering the vacuumed material within 24 hours at undisturbed food plants.
I have never heard of such a thing before so naturally I am wondering how
effective this might be. Anyone have any knowledge of if this might actually
work ---

Norbert Kondla  P.Biol., RPBio.
Ministry of Sustainable Resource Management
845 Columbia Avenue, Castlegar, British Columbia V1N 1H3
Phone 250-365-8610
Mailto:Norbert.Kondla at gems3.gov.bc.ca
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca