Quote without (much) comment

Mark Walker MWalker at gensym.com
Fri Jan 4 21:06:36 EST 2002

Patrick Foley wrote:

> Which is the bigger world problem: overpopulation or Paul
> Ehrlich's tendency
> to overstate things?

Well, I have to admit that my impression was that even if Ehrlich got the
dates a bit wrong, he will probably at some point be considered quite the
prophet.  I'm rooting for at least an order of magnitude percent error, and
hope that my children's children's children will not yet experience such
gloom - but it will no doubt occur at some point.  Of course, there are many
prophets whom preceded Paul Ehrlich that had long predicted the carnage.

Welcome to The Machine.

Mark Walker
Oceanside, CA