Thanks Uncle Sam

Neil Jones Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Sat Jan 5 08:10:13 EST 2002

On 4 Jan, in article
     <6AA1CFDDE237D51190160000F805064D27A0C6 at hqmail.gensym.com>
     MWalker at gensym.com "Mark Walker" wrote:

> This thread is getting more interesting by the minute.
>
> It is somewhat laughable, though, how the structure of finger pointing and
> the resulting justification/rationalization can be so identical independent
> of the particular alleged offense or from which extremist position one might
> be arguing from.  The only thing missing from this thread is the creation of
> an "Eco-terrorist Rogue's Gallery", and a harsh reference to the "convicted
> felons".  Can someone please work on that?
>
> Actually, after the last few posts (particularly the one from John
> Fleckenstein), I can't tell whether I'm outraged over a scandal or an
> exaggeration.   Sound familiar Paul Cherubini?

Actually John Fleckenstein's posting has the ring of truth. You have to do a
bit of digging and know the Washington Post's reputation too. It is not
known for its great support of conservation issues.

The common factor in both the paper and the posting is that the people
concerned weren't fired. So obviously it wasn't the serious offence of faking
data to decieve and was an unauthorised attempt to test the validity of
the lab results. The newspaper article has the anti-conservation movement's
fingerprints all over it. For example the ex-USFWS guy left under some kind
of cloud and had a legal dispute with them over it. He has an grudge.
You will find his name all over anti-conservation web sites in anti-USFWS
propaganda. He has obviously been supplied as a "rent-a-quote" by somebody.

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.nwjones.demon.co.uk/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn Bog