conservation and environmentalism

Rudy Benavides rbenavid at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 8 12:48:35 EST 2002

Bob Parcelles wrote...

These terms used in recent arguments have been used
> > interchangably and I
> > believe they mean quite different things.

I agree Bob, and I might add that too often people on this list use the
phrase " and I am also a conservationist" as kind of a disclaimer to
something they have just finishing espousing about.  And that's when it can
get a little muddy (at least the way I read it).  I think it would be
interesting to learn what we mean when we say "I am also a conservationist".
  I suspect that there are more 'interesting'  interpretations than simply
"I advocate conserving natural resources".

Rudy