Glassberg tells reporters collectors "could wipe out" the Mia mi Blue

Mark Walker MWalker at gensym.com
Thu Jan 10 03:28:13 EST 2002

You can call him a Wise Use Commandant if you want, but Ron is absolutely
right about this.  Randy Emmitt will have to comment after his upcoming
photography trip.  There's very little habitat left between developed
properties, and almost none of it is left to the weeds.  I've looked for
Balloon Vine with Dave Fine (he's out of Ft. Lauderdale) on several survey
trips throughout the keys in the last three years, and whenever it shows up
- it is quickly mowed, pruned, or destroyed by mosquito spraying.

Mark Walker