Glassberg is quite correct.

Dr. James Adams jadams at em.daltonstate.edu
Thu Jan 10 11:10:22 EST 2002

>Listers,

         Hopefully, I have just one thing to say in this go 'round.

         I will admit that collectors probably can be a threat to a species
when it is confined to a small area with specialized foodplants, etc.  But
*why* do most species reach this point?  Because little is done about the
habitat destruction, development, etc. which ultimately *confines* the
species to one small area.  Once the thing becomes "endangered" then the
collectors get the brunt of the blame.

         That's all.

James K. Adams
Phone: (706)272-4427