Glassberg tells reporters collectors "could wipe out" the Mia mi Blue

Neil Jones Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 10 13:40:55 EST 2002

On 10 Jan, in article
     <D10E57119AA2D511A61800902773FBE51EFC70 at NTFS2>
     agrkovich at tmpeng.com "Grkovich, Alex" wrote:

> YOU REFER TO THIS MAN AS A "CROOK". HAVE YOU NEVER COMMITTED A CRIME OF ANY
> KIND? SEEMS TO ME SOMEONE ONE SAID: "LET HIM WHO IS SINLESS THROW THE FIRST
> STONE..."
>
> PLEASE GO AWAY.

There is no need to shout. :-) He is _a_crook_ because he was convicted
of a large number of crimes. He is a convicted felon.
Myself I have not ever had so much as a parking ticket.

I infer from your post that you do not think that his crimes were serious.
Even if that is not your intention others will come to the same conclusion.
This includes a number of US Federal Goverment employees who are on this list.

You, quite understandably, wish to promote the idea that collecting is
scientific and that those who do it are good guys.
I do not think that the best way to do it is to find the worst, most
unscientific, _crook_ you can find and to trivialise his crimes. This will
only confirm the "feds" worst fears about collectors.

Now just like you I _don't_ want to see collecting banned. Please
don't make arguments like this. It is damaging to _both_ our interests.

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.nwjones.demon.co.uk/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn Bog