Staining of Pierid Wings

Kondla, Norbert FOR:EX Norbert.Kondla at gems3.gov.bc.ca
Mon Jan 14 13:53:27 EST 2002

I completely avoid this problem by doing most of my relaxing by holding the
antennae, head and thorax in boiling water on the kitchen stove. Only
downside for finicky folks is that the body hairs end up matted rather than
their natural fluffy selves. Only thing to watch for is to not soak them so
long that the water wicks up onto the wings.