degreasing/green coloration

Richard Worth rworth at oda.state.or.us
Mon Jan 14 14:26:48 EST 2002

Thanks muchly to all who replied.  I decided to post a summary here.
It seems that it is certainly brought about by exposure to moisture,
and is not specific to dead bugs.  Apparently, fumigants have no real
effect in the relaxer...I, too, use PDB.  Seems to be removable
sometimes.  It sounds like the color is urea.  Is this a by-product
of legume and crucifer feeders?... nitrogenous plant compounds or
from metabolism?  Soluble in some nitrogen based solvent?  Maybe
ammonia could turn the whole thing green!  Any responses by folks
that use ammonium carbonate as a dispatcher?  I'll have to try
different things.

Thanks again,  Rich

Richard A. Worth
Oregon Department of Agriculture