degreasing/green coloration

Andrew Warren warrena at mail.science.orst.edu
Mon Jan 14 15:53:08 EST 2002

Hola,

I have used ammonium carbonate on several occasions.  Overexposure will
turn white Parnassians yellow (a great way to get a state record for
eversmanni!), pink on Schinia to brown, but I have not (fortunately)
observed discoloration in Pierids (or maybe I just havn't allowed them to
sit in the jar too long).  I use ammonium carbonate mostly for my moth
jars (pinch most butterflies).

Andy