[leps-talk] Rare butterfly may be placed on endangered species list ..Article

Ron Gatrelle gatrelle at tils-ttr.org
Thu Jan 24 13:09:06 EST 2002

Hey Bob --- Great to see this *in the news*, as they say.  It is also
interesting to see how this is viewed and dealt with by gardeners,
scientists,  conservationists, pragmatists, etc.   This is a really big
world - much bigger than our own individual worlds.  Our readers here all
need to remember that when we come to something like the Miami Blue
Preservation and Restoration Project, all kinds of people are involved
(with differing philosophies, personalities, and area-of-interest or
area-of-expertise tunnel vision).  So that at any given point things may be
said that make another factions say, what's up with this statement or
action.  Media are thrown into the mix too and they are looking at
presentation to a perhaps not to interested audience -- so how to make them
interested/knowledgeable is part of their angle.

In the end (not a good word unless it is a happy one) all the factions much
stay clear of the distractions and stay focused on the objective - this
once frequently encountered butterfly in southern Florida needs all of our
help - or is it helps :-)
Ron Gatrelle