Butterflies of Lassen Volcano National Park

Patrick Foley patfoley at csus.edu
Thu Jan 24 17:17:54 EST 2002

Diane,

The small paperback book (107 pp) Discovering the Butterflies of Lassen Volcanic
National Park is by Laurence L. Crabtree 1998. It was published by Lassen Loomis
Museum Association. You may be able to get a copy from the printer (Hilltopping
Publications) by calling 530 258-3803, or perhaps the LLMA would know
530-595-3399.

It is a useful little book, except that the binding is a disgrace to the book
business. It has photos of about 106 species many with dorsal and ventral views.
The life history information is a about 50% generic, and 50% interesting local
stuff. Host plants are identified to genus, sometimes species, and the phenology
looks good and local. It is a little thin for the result of 11 years work.

Patrick
patfoley at csus.edu