Chlosyne ismeria...again

Ron Gatrelle gatrelle at tils-ttr.org
Fri Jan 25 06:46:41 EST 2002

Greetings all -- The below post is emphatic and authoritive and sounds
pretty good.  However, it is just mistaken and in places quite misleading.
I have been over any all of these points with various individuals many
times.  I do not feel like totally repeating every detail yet again.
Several fairly long detailed post addressing ismeria can be found in the
archives of the TILS-leps-talk list serve.  Those interested can find this
stuff there.

It is my undertstanding that Niklas has forwarded the above mentioned posts
of mine to  Dr. Pelham.  It is interesting that he does not mention one
single point of the many addressed in those posts - a number of which are
all relative to the Vol 4, 2000 code (I refer to it as the 2000 code as it
took effect 1 January 2000 - not in 1999.  Though it came off the press in
99 and can be referred to as the 99 code I guess.)

So, here we go again.  I will insert comments within the following post, I
guess.  It is quite unfair in a very real way that the vast majority of
readers here have not read my paper on ismeria nor any of the many
subsequent emails and hard copy letters addressing this and the other
situations brought up below.  These other situations mentioned by Pelham
are _all_ directly aimed solely at my research.  It is too bad that Dr.
Pehlham has chosen to never engage in any dialogue with me at all on these
points that he disagrees so strongly whit me on -- he has had plenty of
time as the ismeria paper came out in 98.  Sorry if I am too irritated by
this but after 4 years it is getting a little old.