The Butterfly Palace, Inc.

Richard Worth rworth at oda.state.or.us
Fri Jan 25 14:47:29 EST 2002

Oh, alright.  How about the classic:  bot flies laying eggs under
your skin, then you can see first hand (first hand, then arm?) their
progression as they grow.  I know more than one person who has had
this happen.  The point was that we are so sheltered and many like it
that way.  I suppose an earthquake could shatter the glass place,
while inside, and cut someone to shreds or crush them.
Cheers,  Rich

PS.  A few years ago, a collecting group (Yes, COLLECTING GROUP, as
in several people together with nets) in Ecuador found an 18 ft long
Anaconda.  Very cool.

>Of course in a real rain forest you could spend a very long time without
>ever seeing a Fer De Lance and at some times of the year Army Ants are
>in short supply also even in rain forest.  Mike Gochfeld

Richard A. Worth
Oregon Department of Agriculture
Plant Division
rworth at oda.state.or.us