What is a lepidopterist?

Rudy Benavides rbenavid at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 28 12:19:07 EST 2002

Jim Taylor wrote:
>Great question. I think you'd have to leave off the term "pro" else you'd
>be
>excluding Leroy, Vernon Brou, et. al., who do not do this for a living.

Jim,

When I wrote that, I was thinking more in terms of the level of the work
they do with leps, their overall knowledge, and their contributions to
lepidoptera and not so much in terms of doing professionally, full time.  So
whether they do it full or part-time, there are lots of pros on this list.
At least that's the way I see it.

Rudy