From John Calhoun on Miami Blue.

Ron Gatrelle gatrelle at tils-ttr.org
Mon Jan 28 17:53:14 EST 2002

John ment to post this to the whole group but it just got to me. So here is
John's important post correcting/adjusting my previous post on a lower keys
sighting of Miami Blue.

John wrote:
This is indeed intriguing.  However, I think this sighting needs
clarification.  Ron noted that the observation was in the lower
Florida Keys where it has not been seen for some time.  Actually, the
only known population is located in the lower Keys (Bahia Honda Key).
Nonetheless, the record needs confirmation.

I have asked the observer for more information.  He noted only that
the species was observed "near Big Pine Key."  This may actually
refer to the known population on Bahia Honda, which is located right
next to Big Pine.  Also, it could be Cyclargus ammon.  I look forward
to seeing the photos!

John Calhoun

Ron:  It would have helped if I would have looked at a map to see exactly
where Bahia Honda Key was before I put up my initial post :-)   I am hoping
that this sighting is yet another location.  But at this point it is
probable that, as John said, this sighting is not new and actually from the
known Bahia Honda population.