was Monarchs: Eucalyptus.. now is exotics

Liz Day beebuzz at kiva.net
Mon Jan 28 23:42:59 EST 2002

 >Are you possibly speaking of Buddleia davidii, the famed "Butterfly
 >Bush".  I'm not sure of the problem in California, but here in
 >Oregon, it is becoming a problem.....

I understand it's a pest in England.   Only, I'm puzzled, because my
experience in growing it in Indiana and also what I hear from my English
friend is that it likes hot, sunny, very well-drained areas.   This doesn't
sound right for a wetland invader, nor one in the Pacific Northwest.   !!??

Liz Day
Indianapolis, Indiana, central USA  (40 N, ~86 W)
Home of budgerigar Tweeter and the beautiful pink inchworm (Eupithecia
miserulata).
USDA zone 5b.  Winters ~20F, summers ~85F.  Formerly temperate deciduous
forest.
daylight at kiva.net
www.kiva.net/~daylight