Tales of the Urban Swallowtail!

Bus Goldberg busstop.com at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 3 02:53:09 EDT 2002

It's true, it's true, While driving  north along El Camino Real, a major
thoroughfare,
near San Bruno, CA,  I saw two Tiger Swallowtails engaged in courtship
ritual as they were preparing to mate.
They were flying in a vertical holding pattern, with the male positioned
directly above the female. This was all happening just 3 feet from the curb
as traffic was passing them by oblivious to this spectacle of nature. Just
last Saturday, I saw another Swallowtail flying thru the parking lot near
Home Depot in Foster City. Call the Swallowtail, the Urban Butterfly. What
an exhibitionist