killing butterflies for fun???

Mark Walker MWalker at gensym.com
Wed Jul 3 19:21:09 EDT 2002

John wrote that he doesn't think the car killing hypocrisy argument is a
good one.  I guess, while I agree with some of what he's suggesting, I don't
agree with much of it.

There is no question that I go waaaay out of my way to kill insects.  On the
other hand, I am absolutely 1000% more conscientious about my interactions
with wildlife than the average bear.  I DO notice how many bugs are being
whacked by my windshield, and I DO go out of my way to minimize this to the
extent possible.  I DO believe that many who take exception to my purposeful
killing of insects are unwittingly and obnoxiously hypocritical about it -
and they are in dire need of some education.  I don't find the vehicle
argument OR the mosquito argument silly.  I find them frustrating.

Mark Walker.