killing butterflies for fun???

Chris J. Durden drdn at mail.utexas.edu
Sun Jul 7 16:42:27 EDT 2002

John,
    Surely you realize that for free civilized people, knowledge is as
important for health as is food. For these people, to be denied access to
knowledge by political action based on the foibles of a few zealots, is
tantamount to witholding food. As we starve for knowledge we may begin to
push the envelope.
    We are so, at the top of the knowledge-food chain!
...............Chris Durden

At 10:43 PM 7/6/2002 -0400, you wrote:
. . .
   And a bit dishonest when
>their real motivation is their feeling it is wrong to kill things on purpose
>when it is not a function of being on top of the food chain.  You must know
>that this is the motive of many an anti collector.

. . .