Acadian Hairstreak in Oregon?

Patricia and Jeff Harding jmh at proaxis.com
Wed Jul 10 14:33:29 EDT 2002

Dan Thackaberry and I visited Leslie Gulch in far Eastern Oregon a couple of
weeks ago, where I photographed some hairstreaks that may include both
California and Acadian Hairstreaks (Satyrium californica and S. acadica), or
they may be variations on the California model. Most of the guidebook
illustrations show acadica with a clear light grey ground color on the
underside, while californica has a duskier, darker gray ground color. But
the descriptions in the books don't discuss that feature. Does anyone know
whether that is consistent, or a real field mark?
I can scan the photos, is there a place to post them, for more advice?
Cheers,
Jeff Harding