butterfly question

Kathy Reinertsen bfly4u at swbell.net
Wed Jun 19 15:15:45 EDT 2002

Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 11:18:49 -0700
From: "Jacob Groth" <jacob at swallowtailfarms.com>
Subject: butterfly question

I am a student teacher in the UK and the children in my class
have some questions for you -
1) Is it true that a caterpillar turns into a liquid in it's chrysalis
before it turns into a butterfly???!!
2) Could it be said that a caterpillar is basically reconstructed
leaves??
If not, what would your arguement be to say that it isn't??
Hope you can reply to these questions as the children have been studying

about butterflies and have thought for a long time about their questions
for
you.
You can e-mail me at maree at fish.co.uk Thank you very much in advance,
M.Peebles